Monday, October 16, 2017
On November 13, 2017 we will be discussing The Japanese Lover by Isabel Allende. The meeting will be at Marian's.
Click here to place a hold at the Toronto Public Library.
Click here to purchase a copy from Chapters-Indigo.
You may also be interested in Simon and Schuster's Reading Group Guide for this book or the New York Times book review.
January 15, 2018 - The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware.
February 12, 2018 - Circling the Sun by Paula McCain. She also wrote The Paris Wife which we read a few years ago. It was the story of Ernest Hemingway's first wife, Hadley.
Friday, October 13, 2017
Tuesday, August 15, 2017
We'll be discussing All My Puny Sorrows by Miriam Toews at the book club meeting on September 25, 2017. We will be meeting at my place (Jane). Everyone is responsible for getting their own copy of the book. Click on the link above to place a hold at the Toronto Public Library. Or click here to purchase a copy at Chapters (or to read about the book).
- Headmaster’s Wager by Vincent Lam
- The Widow by Fiona Barton
- And the Birds Rained Down by Jocelyne Saucier
- Unbroken by Laura Hillebrand
- Indian Horse by Richard Wagamese
- The Master and the Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov
- Choose your own story anything by Alice Munro
- And The Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini
- Stalin’s Daughter by Rosemary Sullivan
- All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
- Great House by Nicole Kraus
- Defending Jacob by William Landry
- The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
- The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry by Rachel Joyce
- Before I Go to Sleep by S.J. Watson
- The Girl on The Train by Paula Hawkins
- Remarkable Creatures by Tracy Chevalier
- Life after Life by Kate Atkinson
- The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman
- The Boys In The Boat: Nine Americans And Their Epic Quest For Gold At The 1936 Berlin Olympics by Daniel James Brown
- The Luminaries by Eleanor Cattan
- Tell the Wolves I’m Home by Carol Rifka Brunt
- The Sound of Language by Amulya Malladi
- Orfeo by Richard Powers
- Clara Callan by Richard Wright
- Quiet: The Power of Introverts by Susan Cain
- To the End of the Land by David Grossman
- Wild Swans: Three Daughters of China by Jung Chang
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Mistress of Nothing by Kate Pullinger
- The Alchemist by Paul Coelho
- Cutting For Stone by A. Verghese
- Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress by Sijee Dai
- Half Blood Blues by Esi Edugyan
- The Paris Wife by Paula McLain
- A Lost Lady by Willa Cather