Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Welcome to the Bayview Village Book Club Blog!

Our first meeting was held on Monday, February 23, 2009. We met, we talked, we shared some of our favourite books and authors! We decided that the host will get to choose the book we read.

The first book we will read is The Guernsey Literary And Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows.

I rushed over to Chapters this morning to pick up my copy. It was $15.00 with my Chapters iRewards discount. Not bad for a hard cover. I did get a little carried away and came home with six other books as well. And I noted the titles of a few more that looked interesting. I might have to borrow those from the library.

Some other books that people expressed interested in reading or re-reading were The Book of Negroes, Twilight, Wild Swans, Trinity, Yiddish Policeman's Union, Secret Life of Bees, Sushi for Beginners.

Our next meeting will be on Monday, March 23, 2009 at 8pm. Location will be in the newsletter.

Hope to see you there!
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment